Thursday 9 September 2010

Veg Talk 4


Regular followers will know that a few months ago my veg patch was a constant source of inspiration for my blog.


And it remains thus - it's just harder to put finger to keyboard when busy with watering, weeding, eliminating (oh, I do so hope I have) powdery mildew and finding yet more recipes to deal with a glut of courgettes. (Hey, I'm not complaining - home-grown courgettes are THE business. And, most recipients of my surplus have been glad - though I am mindful of a website that gave 10 tips for dealing with a surplus and number 9 was placing 2 courgettes on every neighbours' doorstep - and it came with a health warning that this was as good idea until/unless everyone read the same website/had the same idea..)




So, what are my most recent learnings via the veg patch?

  • It's good to find other/different ways of packaging things (my courgette chutney is STUNNING!!)
  • If you take your eye of the ball - unexpected and sometimes unwelcome things happen ( powdery mildew sucks|)
  • People may tell you things are difficult but they aren't necessarily telling the truth (my supposedly hard to grow aubergines have been a BIG success)

And, of course, there's always more.....


No comments:

Post a Comment